. . . .

The Official Receipt from the Grocery Store

When I went to town, I decided to do the grocery for myself instead of my mom. I really do not know what items to buy specifically those that we need at home. So, I simply bought the items that I think that we need. But of course, I also bought some random food snacks, chocolates and breads that I like.

The grocery store where I decided to make some purchase was at the grocery store situated at the back of the "Abanao Mall". Sorry, I am not actually familiar about the name of that grocery store it's because I don't usually buy grocery items from them.

Baggage Counter


It is prohibited to take inside the grocery store any kind of baggage. So before you are allowed by the Security Guard to enter, you have to leave your baggage at the Baggage Counter. However, it is advised that you have to take with you your important belongings such as your wallet, cell phone or any other valuable items as they might get stolen.

Once you gave your baggage to the person who is in-charge at the counter, he or she will issue you a card number. This is for him or her to distinguish your baggage when you come back to retrieve it.

Plastic Basket or Cart


After leaving your baggage at the baggage counter or you are not simply carrying any baggage, you may enter the grocery store and start buying the stuffs you need.

Upon entering the store, there should be plastic baskets and carts set aside at the corner. If you aren't going to buy a lot of items, you should take the plastic baskets but if you have a lot of items to purchase then its best to choose the cart.

Cashier Counter


The cashier counter is different from the baggage counter. It is actually where you are going to take the plastic basket or cart that you filled with your items and pay for them. Sometimes, you may have to fall in-line when there are too many people from the store.

Fortunately, during the time that I was at the grocery store, there weren't too many people. So I was able to pay for the items that I bought and left without hassle.

The Official Receipt


After paying the total amount of the items that you took from the grocery shelves to the cashier, she will give you an official receipt which contains all the lists of items that you purchased with their corresponding prices.

Official Receipt

Now, here's the most interesting part about the official receipt. If you are going to take a closer look at the bottom part of my receipt, I just paid an amount of Php 36.53 VAT which stands for "Value Added Tax".

What is VAT?


According to the BIR (Bureau of Internal Revenue), it is a form of "Indirect tax passed on to the buyers or consumers". Explaining it further can actually become a lot more complicated. But, if you really wanted to know more about VAT then I suggest that you should visit BIR's page about it.

http://www.bir.gov.ph/index.php/tax-information/value-added-tax.html

Moreover, the cashier from any grocery store will always issue you an official receipt even if you are just going to buy one single item. But unlike when buying from a "Sari-sari" store, the seller won't give you any receipt for the items that you are going to buy.

No comments:

Post a Comment