. . . .

SkyFlakes Crackers | Undisputed Cracker in the Philippines

Since I was a little kid, my mom loves to buy SkyFlakes crackers as snacks. At first, I don't like it because it doesn't have much taste. Eating it also makes me thirsty so whenever I am going to eat it, I need to buy a drink.


As I grew up, my mother didn't stopped buying it where she keep on placing them in the food shelves. Unfortunately, there were times that we were out of snacks to eat but the SkyFlakes. Having no choice, it was like I'm forcing myself to eat it.

Time goes on and the tastes of this traditional cracker became good to my tongue's taste. Now, I like the crispy taste especially eating it while having my morning coffee break.

To tell you more about SkyFlakes, it was actually first introduced way back in the 1960's. And just like the way how I described it above, it became so popular for its crispy taste and retention of oven-baked freshness.

SkyFlakes Crackers

The company who owns and produce SkyFlakes in the market is the "Monde M.Y. San Corporation". According to their website, the ingredients they used are composed of the following:

- Wheat Flour
- Vegetable Shortening (Hydrogenerated Coconut and Palm Oil)
- Iodized Salt
- Sugar
- Baking Soda and Yeast

The ingredients are so simple but the cooking process is probably the real challenge.

Where to Buy SkyFlakes Crackers?


There is no need to bother yourself cooking your own homemade SkyFlakes Crackers if you can just buy one from the stores. In the Philippines, buying SkyFlakes Crackers is easy where you just have to go to the nearest "Sari-sari Store" and buy them.

If you are from out-of-the-country, you may have trouble buying this Filipino made cracker. Your best chances of being able to buy SkyFlakes Crackers is to order it online.

Although, some countries have groceries that caters for different Asian food products. You may have chances of buying from them.

How to Eat SkyFlakes Crackers?


It all came down natural for me. I didn't need my mother or someone else to instruct me on how to eat my first SkyFlakes Crackers.

Hey are you laughing? I'm not kidding here, you might be surprised to know that there are some people who are still damn enough to know how to eat SkyFlakes crackers. So for the sake of them, here's the proper step-by-step instruction.

1. First step is to open it. You may want to use a scissor if you have trouble opening its plastic.

2. This second step is optional, you may either want to break it into three pieces or simply leave it as a whole. Most people actually choose to break it into smaller pieces.

3. You may want to drink water first before you intend to eat it.

4. Finally, swallow and chew the cracker on your mouth then enjoy the crispiness.

Overall, SkyFlakes became the best cracker among all other crackers that I ever tasted.

2 comments:

  1. I eat it whenever I’m hungry anywhere wherever I’m... I always both one box of it office, house or outdoors :) I always order it online so that it is easier for me at goods.ph or philgroceries.. I will always treasure my memories while eating this skyflakes.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe you will treasure that this cracker is the exact crackers the US ARMY had in its Army Rations MRE. The US soldiers traded there rations to the Filipino locals for many things. Also popular in these rations were instant coffee, cheese whiz and peanut butter. Hence instant coffee (USA Item)is a filipino favorite. The old MRE cracker is the same exact shape and taste.

    ReplyDelete