. . . .

Remembering Our Pet Moning

Back in 2001, we had a cat named "Moning" - a male cat. He had a golden fur color similar to a tiger. But what me and my family like about him was that, he loves being carried or resting on someone's lap. So when you are sitting on the couch then suddenly he noticed you there, he ends up running into you asking to take him onto your lap.

My elder brother brought Moning when I was at my second-year in college. With our cat's presence inside the house, he chased and got rid all the pesky rats.

I really love Moning that I still remember the time about the feeling that I cannot resist patting his head every time that I noticed him around. Other than patting him, I also sometimes carried him like a baby on my arms (when no one was looking around of course, although I was caught several times).

Somebody Hurt Moning


In 2005, we found Moning got seriously hurt. Somebody (from our neighbor) probably used a hard object to knock him down. He actually came back home like a drunk cat struggling to walk with his broken bones and bleeding pretty badly.

I was informed by my younger brother about Moning's condition so I hurriedly went out to check on him. Moning was there barely standing up then he suddenly collapsed by the time that I saw him. His legs were broken and worst, Moning's head was terribly bleeding that one of his eyes was already coming out.

Staring into the eyes of our pet, he already knew that he was dying. Probably, the incident had already occurred several hours ago. Perhaps the culprit even thought that he permanently disabled our cat not knowing that Moning was still able to get up (cat's do have nine 9 lives). Our pet tried to pushed himself to get up just to reach us. In my own opinion, he did it just to say his last "good bye".

Moning died at the age of 5 years-old on the month of January 2005. If I could remember, on this same day is his Death Anniversary.

To the one who did this animal cruelty to our cat, I hope that you get the same treatment or punishment at the time of your Judgement.

Here's the photo of Moning that was stored on my computer:


I really miss Moning :(

No comments:

Post a Comment